Tuesday 24 April 2007

It's a baby BlackBerry

Well I've got my replacement BlackBerry, not an 8707v as I hoped but a 7130v. Now this isn't a real BlackBerry, it hasn't got a Qwerty keyboard. Sot it looks I'm going to be wrestling with SureType technology foir the next few weeks.

But first to wipe the data from my current device, unlike the previous owner of the loan one. In case you don't know how:

Wipe BlackBerry Data

  • On the BlackBerry device Home screen, click Options.
  • If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Security Options > General Settings. Otherwise, click Security.
  • Display the menu and select Wipe Handheld.
  • Click Continue.
  • Type blackberry. All the data on the BlackBerry device is deleted.

See the BlackBerry knowledge base article for the full details.

No comments: