Tuesday 1 May 2007

Global Messaging 2007, let the train take the strain

Just booked my ticket for Global Messaging 2007. Last year it was at the Business Design Centre in Islington, this year it's in Monte Carlo. I wonder how they'll compare!

Journey there should be interesting. My first thought was to fly but it meant I had to get to an airport, fly to Nice, then get a train (or pricey taxi). All of which sounds like aggravation, especially when you factor in all the waiting around you end up doing at airports.

An alternative occured to me, why not train all the way. So I did some digging and this is what I'm doing:

Price-wise it's pretty much the same as flying once you factor in the transport either end and the cost of two additional nights in a hotel. Plus, I get to leave later and arrive home earlier as well as assuaging some of the carbon debt I'm in for all my flying of late.

But most importantly, I get to pretend I'm James Bond. Just hope the Aston is waiting for me at the other end.

No comments: