Wednesday 6 August 2008

What a team

Every so often something happens that makes you realise how far you've come as a business. I had one of these moments last night when we upgraded our core messaging system.

Over the past 18 months we have been investing heavily in the Esendex technical team. Trying to find the right people is always a challenge, last night I found out that we've got it about right.

The upgrade the team undertook was major. A fundamental change to our inter-component communication protocols was something that had been in the making for several months.

The result is massive scaling opportunities and even more resilience added to a platform that already receives plaudits for its performance and reliability.

What was especially rewarding for me was seeing the team take ownership of the upgrade and ultimately of the system. The testing processes, reviews, planning, etc were all completed by a team determined to take their system to the next level.

Like a nervous parent I've watched as the system and technical team I'd built and nurtured were transitioning to adulthood and became independent. But I needn't have worried, all I had to do was make sure they were fed.

A huge well done guys, the system's in great hands.

No comments: